Are you scratching your head wondering what to make for dinner? Try these delicious burgers they’re an excellent source of plant-based protein, dietary fiber and feel good vitamin B. Pair them with your favourite salad, think caesar, potato, or a simple garden salad and you’ve got an easy and delicious meal to enjoy.
Tip: Quinoa is a gluten-free whole grain
- Measure 1 cup quinoa, rinse the quinoa in lots of cold water.
- Add rinsed quinoa to 1 cup chicken stock and vegetable or chicken bouillon.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to low. Stir occasionally.
- Cook until the water is absorbed (approx 20 minutes).
- Turn burner off, set aside and let cool.
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 1 stalk of celery finely minced/cut
- ½ small onion diced
- 4 tbsp flour – chick pea or any of your favourite gluten free flours
- 1 tbsp sesame oil – I made it without
- 1 tbsp tamarind sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp pepper
Add burger fillings to the cooked quinoa. Mix.
Cooking the Burgers
Add about 1-2 tbsps coconut oil to a large frying pan over medium heat.
When oil is hot, I use a ¼ cup measuring cup and drop the burgers into the pan. Cook until golden brown.
My family likes their burgers crunchy, so I cook them a little longer. Flip, and do the same on the other side.These burgers are excellent. If you have leftovers, they’re fabulous for the kid’s lunchboxes or as a healthy snack.
Are you looking for healthier ways to feed your family? We’d love to help, sign up in the right-hand corner to receive recipes and healthy lifestyle tips direct to your inbox.