Are you scratching your head wondering what to make for dinner? Try these delicious burgers they’re an excellent source of plant-based protein, dietary fiber and feel good vitamin B. Pair them with your favorite salad, think caesar, potato, or a simple garden salad and you’ve got an easy and delicious meal to enjoy.
Tip: Quinoa is a gluten-free whole grain
- Measure 1 cup quinoa, rinse the quinoa with cold water, until the water runs clear.
- Add rinsed quinoa to 1 cup chicken stock and vegetable or chicken bouillon.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to low. Stir occasionally.
- Cook until the water is absorbed (approx 20 minutes).
- Turn burner off, set aside and let cool.
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 1 stalk of celery finely minced/cut
- ½ small onion diced
- 4 tbsp flour – chickpea or any of your favorite gluten-free flours
- 1 tbsp sesame oil – I made it without
- 1 tbsp tamarind sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp pepper
Add burger fillings to the cooked quinoa. Mix.
Cooking the Burgers
Add about 1-2 tbsp coconut oil to a large frying pan over medium heat.
My kids prefer these when they are crunchy. To give them extra crunch I cook them a little longer before flipping them and repeating on the other side. These burgers are a part of a healthy lifestyle, and super cost effective.
The leftovers are perfect for a pack and go lunch or healthy snack.
I’d love to know if your family like these shoot me a message below to share your families feedback